What is the Best UPS for Home Use in South Africa?
Working from home comes with its own set of challenges. A lack of power is at the top of the pile! A UPS system can and will make a vast difference, especially if you work from home.
Your UPS gives you enough backup power to save your work. It also gives you plenty of time to shut down sensitive electronic equipment correctly. UPS system offers surge protection too. The Question is, which is best for your home?
What Does a UPS Do and What are the Key Benefits of Having One?
During power outages, your UPS system offers battery power backup to sensitive equipment. Power cuts are harmful to routers, monitors, computers, and other devices. A UPS device provides automatic voltage regulation to avoid damage.
What Can I Expect During Power Failures?
When uninterruptible power supplies sense a loss of power from the grid, their battery automatically kicks in. As a result, you won’t have any interruptions in power supply to your connected devices. Your UPS offers a constant power source, although they are not meant to be used for an extended period.
When the power goes down while you are working on your computer, your UPS will notify you of a loss of power. You will have enough time to save your data. You will also have enough time to switch off your device safely.
What UPS System is the Best One for Home Office Use?
There are THREE different types of UPS systems available in South Africa? Various UPS systems are ideal for different applications. You won’t need a UPS under normal circumstances, but when the power goes down, having a backup is important.
The 3 Different Uninterrupted Power Supply Systems you get are:
- Line Interactive UPS Systems. It has technology that responds automatically to low or high voltage conditions. It’s also ideal for supporting systems when there is a power outage with no battery drainage.
- Offline UPS Systems. These types of UPS supply power to the load circuit directly from the AC mains when the power goes out.
- Online Double-Conversion UPS Systems. This system uses a rectifier and power inverter to ensure safe, stable electricity that won’t damage your electronic devices.
What is a Battery Backup System and How Does it Benefit Me?
What do you rely on for your everyday communication, entertainment, and security when the power goes out? How do you keep everything running? A battery backup system is the answer for your home-based business.
- Your UPS system will keep your computers, televisions, and gaming consoles functioning. It will also keep your mobile devices and security systems running for a couple of hours.
- It will absorb any excess voltage from the utility.
- Find one with additional features to fit in with your specifications. Perhaps you need one with an additional USB port to charge a mobile device or additional surge protection.
Get the Best UPS for Home at PHD Powerhouse
If protecting your high-end devices like your LCD display is a priority for you, a UPS is pertinent. You can get the best-rated UPS with elevated battery capacity to protect your devices from surges and outages at PHD Powerhouse. Your electrical equipment and critical systems will experience no power loss or power spikes, and your home will thank you.