Load shedding is here to stay. Your electrical appliances have probably experienced surges. Load shedding has had a negative effect on many electrical appliances. This has caused untold damage.
6 Ways to Protect Expensive Electronics
- Always unplug all your equipment. By unplugging your equipment, you will remove the power source. We experience damage to our appliances through power surges. The best protection is through prevention.
- Invest in Surge Protectors. Protection devices are a lifesaver for sensitive equipment. A smart idea is investing in a surge protector plug with adaptors. You can use surge protection for your devices and also for your mains board. Surge protectors protect your equipment from excessive energy. It will redirect surges to the earth wire in your surge protector.
- Get a UPS. Investing in a UPS is worth your while. Many of us are working from home and rely on the internet to work and study. During load shedding, we lose time, and time is money. UPS devices are vital for electronics. These include your modem, PC, phones, and router. Your UPS is a brilliant solution for isolating and filtering power surges. Protect your devices in any way you can from surges and outages.
- Check your insurance policy. Are you protected from damage if your electric equipment gets damaged? Now is the time to read the fine print on your insurance policy schedule. This way you will find out exactly what they do and what they do not protect when damaged.
- Use surge protection strips. Surge protecting strips are a great way to protect your electronics. This is a fast, simple solution to protect your appliances. Simply plug and play. The fuses in a power strip come with a built-in surge protector. The fuse fails when the power spikes. Thus, cutting off power to your appliances. This is a great way to protect your devices and equipment.
PHD Powerhouse Sheds Light on Ways to Protect Your Electronics
Load shedding is a reality, and it is here to stay. PHD Powerhouse is shedding light on ways to protect all your electronic equipment and devices. By installing simple devices at a nominal cost, you can save the day. At PHD Powerhouse, we are shedding the light on simple ways to make a big difference. We can guide you in ways to ensure your equipment won’t get damaged.